Examples of Housing Disrepair Claims:-
• Personal Health – Have you suffered any form of ill health due to the state of the property you are in?
• General Inconvenience - If you are unable to live in your property and enjoy doing so because of the bad state of disrepairs in the property then you would be entitled to compensation for the inconvenience that you suffer
• Household belongings damage - If, due to the state of the property, any of your personal belongings are damaged then your claim for compensation may also involve an element to cover such losses
What amounts to Housing Disrepair?
• Visible cracks to the external walls of the property which might allow damp or cold air to enter the property
• Damaged or dilapidated windows or door frames which cause water or air to enter the property
• Damaged internal walls where the plaster is clearly cracked and loose and likely to fall
• Broken & faulty electrical and gas appliances
• Leaking pipes that have left or are leaving stains on ceilings and/or walls
• Rotting floorboards which are dangerous to walk on
• Leaking roof due to loose slate/tiles on roof
• Bathroom fixtures which are cracked and broken and which are clearly unfit for use and in some but not all cases possibly unhygienic
• If the property is infested with vermin such as mice or rats
How can our team of professionals help you?
Once you contact of our team of experts whether it is by telephone, email or in person we will do the following:
• Listen very carefully to your concerns and make thorough notes
• We will look through your tenancy agreement
• Do an initial risk assessment of your case to advise on the potential success of your case
• Instruct a professional surveyor to complete a report identifying the disrepairs complained of and the repairs needed
• Request the landlord to complete repairs within a reasonable and mutually agreed timeframe
• Ascertain whether you have suffered an injury or suffered ill-health as a result of the disrepair complained of
• Establish whether there are any other losses such as damage to clothes, carpets, furniture or electrical items such as TV’s, Fridges etc
• Attempt to negotiate early settlement of your claim, without the need for court action
Let us Help You
If you think you might have suffered any of the above issues then at absolutely no cost to you why don’t you contact our Housing Disrepair Team today to obtain the best possible legal advice. We are here to help.
Call us on 01204 396600 or request a free consultation online.